Twin River Worldwide Holdings is well on its way to becoming a significant player in legal online sports betting and gambling.
Acquisitions made throughout 2020 will expand the company’s portfolio from nine casinos to fourteen, many in states with legal online sports betting, online gambling, or both.
Twin River’s recent purchase of the Bally’s brand from Caesars Entertainment ties it all together. As Twin River noted in an October press release, the acquisition will enable the company to “rebrand virtually all of its portfolio properties under the Bally’s name and logo.”
As such, Twin River has all the key components in place to make a run at legal sports betting and gambling markets in the US under a single, unifying brand.
New Jersey On the Menu for Twin River
Last week, FanDuel announced it will open its second retail sportsbook in New Jersey, and its first in Atlantic City, at Bally’s Casino by the end of the year.
The launch of FanDuel Sportsbook in Atlantic City is contingent on receiving the approval of New Jersey regulators (likely) and Twin River Worldwide Holdings completing its acquisition of the Bally’s brand (also likely).
Bally’s Wild Wild West bar already houses a sportsbook powered by William Hill, but Caesars Entertainment will maintain control of that sportsbook after Twin River completes its purchase of Bally’s.
A FanDuel press release explains the sportsbook will initially launch in a temporary location on the first floor of Bally’s. FanDuel says a permanent sportsbook will open in Spring 2021.
FanDuel already operates the state’s most popular sportsbook by betting volume, both online and in-person at The Meadowlands. The launch of an Atlantic City location will add to FanDuel’s dominance of the NJ sports betting market and put Twin River on the map in what is now the country’s largest sports betting market.
Twin River Expanding in Key Sports Betting and Online Gambling States
Twin River Worldwide Holdings currently operates nine casinos and one racetrack across five states, but it is actively expanding its portfolio as it completes numerous acquisitions.
Current Twin River properties by state include:
- Rhode Island: Twin River Casino and Tiverton Casino
- Mississippi: Hard Rock Casino and Casino Vicksburg
- Delaware: Dover Downs Hotel & Casino
- Missouri: Casino KC
- Colorado: Golden Gates Casino, Golden Gulch Casino, Mardi Gras Casino, and Arapahoe Park
Twin River is also closing deals on five more properties in as many states:
- Louisiana: Eldorado Shreveport
- Nevada: Montbleu Resort Casino
- New Jersey: Bally’s Atlantic City
- Illinois: Jumer’s Casino & Hotel
- Indiana: Tropicana Evansville
Altogether, Twin River’s current and future holdings provide access to some combination of in-person sports betting, mobile betting, and online gambling in most states where it has or will have properties.
- Colorado: Retail sportsbooks and mobile betting
- Delaware: Retail sportsbooks and online gambling
- Illinois: Retail sportsbooks and mobile betting
- Indiana: Retail sportsbooks and mobile betting
- Louisiana: No sports betting yet, but voters are deciding on the issue today via statewide referendum
- Mississippi: Retail sportsbooks
- Missouri: No sports betting yet, but lawmakers considered multiple bills in 2020
- Nevada: Retail sportsbooks, mobile betting, and online poker
- New Jersey: Retail sportsbooks, mobile betting, online gambling, and online poker
- Rhode Island: Retail sportsbooks and mobile betting