GoldenNuggetCasino.com serves as the online arm of Atlantic City’s Golden Nugget with online casino games and sports betting offered under one roof. Golden Nugget Online opened for business in December 2013 and followed up with the launch of the its online sportsbook in February 2019.
Today, Golden Nugget Sports and Casino operates in two states:
- New Jersey
Golden Nugget Casino
Golden Nugget Casino
Home to hundreds of games and a full service sportsbook, Golden Nugget Casino is the nation’s biggest online casino with hundreds of slots, live dealer games and sports betting. Golden Nugget Online is licensed in New Jersey and Michigan and has a reputation for hosting frequent promotions.
- Biggest games library in NJ & MI
- Major progressive jackpot games available
- Bigger table games selectio than most
- Pre-game and in-play sports betting offered
- $50 sports bonus could be bigger
- Not allowed to accept wagers on the Houston Rockets
Golden Nugget Casino is authorized by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (NJDGE) and holds an active online gaming and sports betting license. According to revenue reports provided by the NJDGE, the Golden Nugget is the most successful operator in NJ by online gaming revenue.
Golden Nugget also holds an online gambling and sports betting license in Michigan, where it operates in partnership with Ojibwa Casino.
In June 2020, Golden Nugget announced plans to become a publicly traded company and operate under the trade name Golden Nugget Online Gaming, Inc (NASDAQ: GNOC) beginning later that year.
Golden Nugget Online Sports Betting
Golden Nugget launched online sports betting in early 2019 with a platform powered by noted software provider SBTech. With SBTech doing the heavy lifting behind the scenes, Golden Nugget Sportsbook manages thousands of betting markets every day for both pre-game and in-play wagering.
Sports coverage is thorough and includes a range of sports leagues in the US and across the world. This includes the likes of NFL, MLB, college basketball, international soccer leagues, international basketball leagues and much more.
A plethora of wagering options are provided for every individual matchup, to include standard money lines and point spreads as well as first half/second half outcomes, player props, game props, alternate lines and more. In some matchups, you’ll find more than 150 individual betting markets open for business.
Golden Nugget Sportsbook finally cleared up one of its biggest drawbacks in 2019, which was not being allowed to offer NBA betting in New Jersey due to Golden Nugget owner Tilman Fertitta also owning the NBA’s Houston Rockets.
Previously, state regulations prohibited anyone with an ownership stake in a pro sport from taking wagers related to that sport. That changed in 2019 after lawmakers approved a bill relaxing such restrictions. Governor Phil Murphy signed the bill into law and now Golden Nugget is able to accept wagers on any NBA game not involving the Houston Rockets.
Golden Nugget Sportsbook Bonus
$50 Risk Free Bet
If your first wager at Golden Nugget Sportsbook is a loser, you’ll get a refund in the form of a free bet worth up to $50. This means your first wager is essentially risk free because you either win the bet outright and get paid as normal or lose it and still get a free bet to try again on any other sporting event of your choice.
The amount of your free bet offer will match the size of your first wager up to a maximum of $50, but only if it loses. If your first bet is a winner, you simply keep the winnings and go on about your day.
This offer only applies to your first wager, and it must be a pre-game wager placed at odds of -140 or greater. Also note the free bet cannot be cashed out; it is purely site credit. If you win money with the free bet, your winnings may be withdrawn at your convenience.
Claim Your Sports Bonus Today at:
Other Sports Betting Promotions
In addition to the welcome bonus, Golden Nugget Sportsbook hosts regular promotions for sport betting customers. New promos are released regularly, so check back often for updates. Below are just a few of the most recent examples offered to customers.
- Golden Lines Daily Odds Boost: The Golden Lines daily odds boost gives customers a reason to check back often with a daily selection of random wagers whose odds are boosted beyond all reason. You can log in to your account and visit the Golden Lines page each day to see which wagers have been given enhanced payouts, but keep in mind every odds boost wager comes with a $25 maximum stake unless other specified.
- Parlay Boost: If you add multiple selections to your betting slip and see the gift icon show up, it means Golden Nugget is offering a parlay boost to give you enhanced odds. Add three or more selections with odds of -145 or greater and you’ll get an extra 3% to 20% depending on the number of selections in your parlay. Parlay boosts add a maximum of $10,000 to your normal payout as long as all selections qualify.
- $10 Free for Using Play+ to Deposit: Golden Nugget’s Play+ card is a virtual prepaid card that provides instant deposits and withdrawals. Fund your Play+ card with a credit card, debit card or bank transfer and Golden Nugget will give you an extra $10. You’ll also get a physical Play+ card in the mail and can be used anywhere Discover is accepted.
Golden Nugget covers multiple events from all manner of leagues every day through its in-play betting interface. On any given day, customers will find in-game wagering offered for basketball, baseball, soccer, golf, MMA and more.
Visiting any event’s in-play betting page will take you to an overview of the markets offered for that particular matchup, with all odds updated in real time based on the current status of the game. Types of wagers offered during games cover a wide array of possibilities ranging from betting on who will win to the outcome of the next play.
As one of its stronger points, the Golden Nugget in-play betting interface includes a digital representation of the field or court showing real-time updates such as who’s attacking, who’s defending, shots on goal, free throws being taken and so on. These instant and continuous updates do not replace actually watching the game on TV by any means, but still it’s nice to have a basic idea of what’s going if you’re not able to catch the game live.
Additional stats provided below the digital court/field provide a useful lineup of stats compared between both teams with color-coded bars that clearly display who’s winning in that particular stat matchup. For example, I brought up an in-play basketball game and was able see at a glance how each team fared in the following stats:
- Free throws scored
- 2-points scored
- 3-points scored
- Max points in a row
- Total fouls
- Biggest lead
- Lead changes
- Time spent in lead
- Ball possession
Golden Nugget Sportsbook Screenshots
Golden Nugget Casino Review
Golden Nugget Casino offers online gambling in New Jersey and Michigan, with plans to expand to additional states pending regulatory approval.
Back when it first launched, the Golden Nugget’s lineup of roughly 77 games was enough to make it the largest legal gambling site at the time. The Golden Nugget has continually added new games over the ensuing years and retains its title as the biggest online casino to this day with nearly 600 games of all different types on offer.
In all, there are more than 500 slots to choose from plus table games, live dealer games, virtual sports, video poker, instant win scratch cards and more. This is by far the most diverse collection of games available on the internet gambling market today.
Some of Golden Nugget’s success in the US market is undoubtedly related to the massive games library, but that’s probably not the only reason. Golden Nugget has a large welcome bonus and a strong marketing team that runs a constant stream of customer retention promotions such as reload bonuses, weekly missions, a loyalty program, refer-a-friend bonuses and more.
Golden Nugget Casino Bonus
First Deposit: 100% up to $1,000
The first promotion you’ll encounter at Golden Nugget Casino is a new customer bonus that will double your first deposit for up to $1,000 extra. To claim this bonus, sign up for an account at GoldenNuggetCasino.com and then make your first deposit of at least $30. Golden Nugget will match your first deposit instantly to give you as much as $1,000 in bonus funds.
This bonus is only available to verified customers located in New Jersey or Michigan and comes with wagering requirements of 10x the deposit + bonus amount. What this means is if you deposit $100 and get a $100 bonus, you will need to wager a total of $2,000 (10×200) to withdraw the bonus or any winnings obtained by wagering the bonus.
Most slot games count 100% towards meeting the bonus, but table games, video poker, blackjack, roulette and select slots only count 20%. In other words, $100 wagered on video poker would only count as $20 towards meeting your wagering requirements. You can view the bonus terms and conditions at the Golden Nugget website to see an exact list of all games and how much they contribute toward the wagering requirements.
With that in mind, the Golden Nugget Casino bonus is best for slots players. If you mostly play slots, this bonus works great. If you primarily play table and other games, it will take you quite a while to meet the wagering requirements before withdrawing. Players are given 30 days to meet the wagering requirements.
Claim your welcome bonus today at:
The new customer welcome bonus is just the first of many promotions available at Golden Nugget on any given day. This is one of the most active online casinos when it comes to special offers and rewards. The promotions lineup is constantly changing, but below are a few examples of the types of promotions Golden Nugget has run in the past.
- Double Points for Game of the Week: Play the game of the week at Golden Nugget to earn double Golden Points, which are used to reward players through the loyalty program.
- Half-Million Dollar Yearly Race: In this promotion, Golden Nugget ran a year-long special offer in which players were given $500,000 in prizes for completing weekly missions and earning leaderboard points. Some of the bigger prizes awarded included a year-end $175,000 top prize, a year-long Bentley lease, a year of fine dining, $10,000 free play bonus and a $10,000 giveaway.
- Weekend Reload Bonus: In one recent promotion, Golden Nugget Casino gave players a 50% deposit bonus worth up to $50 in return for depositing $20 or more.
- $50K Giveaway: In another recent promotion, Golden Nugget held a four-day $50,000 giveaway in which players earned one entry into the drawing for every $100 wagered. At the end of the promotion, Golden Nugget drew entries at random to give away more than $50,000 in prizes, including a top prize of $5,000.
- $50 Refer-a-Friend Bonus: This long-running promotion is still active and offers you a $50 bonus for every friend you refer to Golden Nugget Online Casino. Your friend will get the standard 100% bonus on their first deposit plus a special 100% bonus worth up to $50 on their second deposit.
The Golden Nugget loyalty program works based on Golden Points. As a customer, every time you place a wager or make a deposit, you earn Golden Points. You can then redeem your points for cash at a rate of 100 points for $1 in cash.
Here’s how points are earned:
- Each day you place one real money wager: 10 points
- Wager $100 on slots: 5 points
- Wager $100 on table and other games: 1 point
- Each day you deposit $50-$99: 20 points
- Each day you deposit $100 or more: 40 points
Once you earn 3,000 Golden Points, you’ll be invited to the VIP Rewards Club where you get VIP customer support, weekly cashback bonuses, surprise VIP happy hours and a chance to earn rooms, shows, food and drinks at the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City.
Golden Nugget also has a VIP Elite Club which is extended to customers by invitation only. If you’re invited to join the VIP Elite Club, you’ll get a dedicated VIP account manager, dedicated communication channels, special birthday and holiday gifts, faster withdrawals, preferred dining at Landry’s restaurants, access to special events at the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City and more.
With nearly 600 games on offer, GoldenNuggetCasino.com boasts the largest games collection among online casinos. If you need variety in your life, this one is going to be your best bet.
Golden Nugget dumped its previous software provider in 2015 and joined forces with the NYX Gaming Group instead. That proved to be a smart move as its previous platform provider was Scientific Games. Scientific Games builds some popular slots (which are still available at Golden Nugget Online), but its platform has always lagged behind the more experienced international developers such as NYX.
The move to NYX Gaming software did more than just improve the look and feel of the casino; it also granted players access to a more diverse range of games. The NYX Gaming platform is purposely designed to play nicely with other software providers, giving casino operators the ability to offer games from many different studios.
Scientific Games later acquired NYX Gaming to bring Golden Nugget Casino back into the SG fold, but still powered by software originally developed by NYX.
Players at Golden Nugget Online will find games from the likes of NetEnt, NextGen, WMS, Bally, IGT, Shuffle Master, Konami, Everi, High 5 Games, Spin Games and Aristocrat. Some of these providers are also active in real world gambling, which means you’ll find many of the same games from the actual Golden Nugget in Atlantic City also available online.
Golden Nugget Software
The entire range of Golden Nugget Casino games is available with no download necessary if playing from a desktop. Just visit GoldenNuggetCasino.com, log in and play. Mobile users can also download apps from the Android and Apple stores to play on the go.
The Golden Nugget Casino lobby is a step above most other casinos as it is chock full of information and offers easy sort options that make it easy to find the games that best suit your style. From the main lobby, you can sort games by type (slots, table, blackjack, etc.) as well as by software provider and by jackpot size.
In fact, there is so much information that it can actually be a bit overwhelming trying to take it all in. The center of the screen is dedicated to listing casino games with screenshots while the right side of the screen shows a live feed of recent wins, upcoming promotions and other casino news.
There’s a lot going on, but fortunately you can hide the feed to free up additional screen space and slow down the flow of information. You can also select the info icon on any individual game to see more information about how that game works, the types of bets you can place and the maximum possible win.
Golden Nugget Casino also shows the return-to-player (RTP) percent on every game’s info page. This is a super handy feature because it basically tells you which games are worth your while and which should be avoided. Few online casinos are willing to disclose that information or make it easy to find, but Golden Nugget Online displays the RTP for every game right in plain sight.
Individual games vary greatly in quality, style and features. A good portion of the games are modern in style with high quality graphics and in-depth bonus features. Most of the table games look realistic as well. However, Golden Nugget does feature a number of old-fashioned games that look dated by modern standards.
Golden Nugget Online Slots
If slots are your thing, Golden Nugget Online has you covered. There are more slots here than at any other online casino in the US market. At last count, Golden Nugget boasted a total of 500 slots. More games are added on a regular basis so the chances are there will be even more than that by the time you see this review.
Golden Nugget’s partnership with NYX Gaming has allowed the casino to tap into a deep library of slot games from many different providers. This provides a wide variety of game types, including high end slots from NetEnt, classic slots from WMS Gaming and many of the exact same game that can be found on the casino floor at the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City.
Using the filters at the top of the casino lobby, you can narrow down slots by type and provider. You can also sort games by jackpot. At the time of this review, two games had jackpots in excess of $500,000, another had a jackpot of nearly $140,000 and yet another featured a jackpot just north of $40,000.
Clicking on the info icon reveals additional information about each slot such as how the biggest prizes are won, the maximum possible prize, the return-to-player percentage and even whether it is considered a high variance or low variance game. If you have a specific game in mind, you can simply type the name of it into the search bar at the top of the lobby to go straight to that game.
Table Games and Video Poker
We have noted in other reviews that many online casinos seriously neglect their table games and video poker offerings by only offering a handful of non-slot games. Thankfully, Golden Nugget has avoided falling into that trap and offers a healthy selection of table games and video poker options.
For table games, Golden Nugget Casino has all the classics such as blackjack and roulette along with baccarat, Let It Ride, Three Card Poker and Casino Holdem. There are 18 variations of blackjack alone plus many roulette variations. In all, there are 35 table games to choose from as of this review.
Video poker is also well-represented with 21 video poker machines supplied by multiple software providers. This includes basic Jacks or Better games, Aces and Faces, Deuces Wild and more. There are also a few multi-hand video poker games on offer.
Live Dealer Games
Golden Nugget Casino has an exclusive collection of live dealer games streamed straight from a special room hosted at the Atlantic City location. In these games, you actually play with human dealers and watch in real time as they deal the cards, spin the roulette wheel and chat with the players at your table.
Minimum bets at the live dealer tables start as low as $1 while max bets go as high as $2,000 at some tables. At some tables, you can win as much as $250,000 in a single round of play. Golden Nugget has also introduced a bet-behind feature at some tables that allows you to spectate and bet on the outcome even if all seats at that table are taken.
For example, Unlimited Blackjack is based on a common draw format that allows any number of players to play at the same time. You and the other players all play from a single set of cards, but are free to make your own decisions regarding hitting, standing and doubling down. What this means is you might decide to stand at some point while another player chooses to hit. Even if that player busts out, you’re still in the game.
Virtual Sports Betting at Golden Nugget Casino
Golden Nugget Online offers virtual sports betting in the form of horse racing, greyhound racing, motorcycle racing, auto racing and soccer. If you’re unfamiliar with virtual sports betting, it is designed to mimic the real deal with one key exception: all races and games are completely virtual with randomized outcomes.
Although the results are random, the favorites are still more likely to win while the long shots have lower chances, with the betting odds reflecting their likelihood. What also makes virtual sports betting different is a new game or a new race is never more than two or three minutes away. At Golden Nugget, a new race or soccer game starts every three minutes and all wagers are settled immediately after the conclusion of the event.
The virtual sports games are provided by Inspired Gaming, which is one of the up-and-coming virtual sports software providers. Realistic graphics, computer-generated commentary and extensive betting options make it feel just like traditional sports betting – except much faster.
Golden Nugget Casino Payment Methods
When it comes time to fund your account, you’ll find a pretty standard set of deposit methods that will work whether you prefer to use cash, credit, debit or online banking:
- Play+ Prepaid Account: This is Golden Nugget’s preferred banking option and basically it works like a prepaid debit card. You can sign up for free by filling out some basic information and then funding your Play+ account via credit, debit or ACH. Golden Nugget will give you a $10 enrollment bonus when you sign up for a Play+ account. After that, they’ll give you $1 cashback on all deposits of $100 or greater.
- VIP Preferred: This is an online checking option that deposit as little as $20 and as much as $50,000 at a time.
- PayPal: Use your online PayPal account to deposit as little as $10 or much as $5,000 per day / $40,000 per month.
- PayNearMe: Use this option to fund your Golden Nugget account with cash at your nearest 7-Eleven. Your gaming account will be credited within 30 minutes.
- Visa and MasterCard: Visa and MasterCard credit cards and debit cards are accepted with deposit limits ranging from $20 minimum to $25,000 maximum.
- Online Bank Transfer: Make instant deposits from your bank account with no credit or debit card necessary. Deposit anywhere from $10 to $1500 per day with this method.
- Cash at Casino Cage: Visit the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City to make a deposit or receive a cash withdrawal at the casino cage.
- Safekeeping: Instantly transfer funds from your Golden Nugget safekeeping account to your online gaming account. Deposit as little as $10 or as much as $10,000.
- Wire Transfer: Wire transfers take 5-7 business days to process, but this option is available if you wish. The minimum wire transfer amount is $50 and the maximum is $10,000 per day.
States in Which Golden Nugget Operates
The Golden Nugget Online Gaming brand firmly established itself as the leading operator in New Jersey in terms of revenue and is now making significant inroads in other states.