Football season will be in full swing before we know it. The college football regular season gets underway today with a pair of games and the schedule kicks into overdrive the following week. The NFL season gets underway on Thursday, September 5 with a game between the Green Bay Packers and Chicago Bears.
The weekends are about to be filled with wall-to-wall pigskin. That’s awesome enough from an entertainment perspective, but this also happens to be the busiest time of year for sportsbooks. NFL betting remains king for sportsbooks around the country, but there is still a huge following for college football as well and the betting industry will be pushing hard with new promotions.
As we look ahead to the fall and winter months, it is only natural to consider our options when it comes to legal sportsbooks. Throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania, numerous online sportsbooks are offering up intriguing promotions as they scrabble to attract new customers in what is still a very new industry.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the football betting promotions heading into the 2019 season.
SugarHouse Sportsbook NFL Promos
SugarHouse was the third company to enter the NJ online betting market after DraftKings and FanDuel, and one of the first to go online in Pennsylvania as well. The sportsbook operator continues to gain a ton of traction, and that’s partially due to its generosity on the promotions front.
Here is some of what SugarHouse Sportsbook has to offer.
- 100% up to $250 Deposit Bonus: SugarHouse Sportsbook offers all new customers in NJ and PA a 100% first deposit match bonus worth up to $250. This means if you make a deposit of $100 today, you’ll be treated to an extra $100. Note that all bonus money is awarded as site credit and comes with a 1x playthrough requirement. Use the bonus code 250MATCH to claim this offer.
- iRush Rewards Program: SugarHouse runs a VIP program called iRush Rewards to encourage new customers to stick around. Players earn points based on how much they wager, and there are clear cut goals in place to climb the various reward levels that unlock increasingly valuable rewards ranging from bonus money to free cruises.
Visit SugarHouse Online at:
FanDuel Football Promotions
FanDuel has surged to the top of the charts in the booming NJ marketplace. The company has gained a huge sports book presence in a short period of time, both on the retail and online side. The DFS/betting giant has since launched in Pennsylvania with designs on doing the same.
Here are some of the ways football fans can get even more out of FanDuel Online:
- $500 Risk Free Bet: New users are entitled to a risk-free bet of up to $500. Simply sign up, deposit and wager. If you lose your bet, FanDuel will return the wager amount in site credit.
- Daily Odds Boost: FanDuel boosts the odds on select wagers every day at random just to give customers a reason to check in often. The feature can be clearly found right on the sportsbook platform with new opportunities daily.
- NCAAF Close Loss Insurance: Losing a close decision on a moneyline bet can be frustrating – which happens all too often in the rough-around-the-edges world of college football. FanDuel feels your pain and will refund bets up to $50 for losses of six points or less.
Visit FanDuel Sportsbook at:
PointsBet Football Promos
Australia-based PointsBet entered the NJ market in early 2019. The company has garnered a lot of attention for its innovative offerings and enticing parlay promotions. PointsBet is here for the long haul and has its sights set on expansion as additional states go live.
Here are some of the current promotions to be found at PointsBet Sportsbook.
- Up to $1,000 in Risk Free Bets: New PointsBet customers can wager up to $1,000 risk free. Sign up for an account, place your first standard wager and your first PointsBetting wager (see our review for more details on that) and both will be refunded for up to $500 each if they lose.
- Field to win National Championship: If you think someone other than Clemson or Alabama will win the NCAAF championship this year, PointsBet is offering futures odds of +150 for the entire field.
- NFL and NCAAF Loyalty Programs: PointsBet wants your action all season long and has launched two VIP programs specifically for the football season. The NFL and CFL Loyalty programs each give you a $100 bonus bet after you place 25 wagers, a $200 bonus bet after 50 wagers, a $300 bonus bet after 75 wagers and a $500 bonus bet after 100 wagers.
Visit PointsBet Online at:
DraftKings 2019 Football Promos
DraftKings Sportsbook made a name for itself in the world of DFS, but the company had designs on entering sports betting way before last year’s landmark Supreme Court ruling. Once a green light was given, the company hit the ground running with big promotions and a large player database to get ahead of the competition.
A market leader in NJ, DraftKings has big plans across the nation and will be launching in additional states soon. In the meantime, here’s what our good New Jersey readers can claim over at DraftKings Sportsbook as we head into football season.
Here are a few of the opportunities to be found after signing up at DraftKings.
- $200 Risk Free Bet for New Customers: In addition to the 50% deposit bonus detailed below, all new customers can also claim a risk-free bet worth up to $200. Just place your first wager at DraftKings Sportsbook and if it loses, you’ll be refunded with up to $200 in site credit.
- 50% up to $500 Deposit and Reload Bonus: Whether you’re brand new to DraftKings or have been around for a while already, you can get up to $500 extra on your next deposit. All you need to do is fund your account and DraftKings will add an extra 50%. This means a $100 deposit will get you $50 extra, a $200 deposit will get you $100 extra and so on.
- Odds Boosts: From the sportsbook platform, keep an eye on the promotions page. DraftKings offers a rotating schedule of odds boosts for daily games, as well as NFL and NCAAF contests.
Visit DraftKings Sportsbook at:
SugarHouse PA Introduces Vegas-Style Pick ‘Em Contest
Out in Las Vegas, several of the larger books offer contests for football season which have been growing in popularity in recent years. Users sign up and pay a hefty entrance fee in a quest for greater prizes along the way.
Typically, the rules call for participants to pick between five and seven games per week. The player who makes the most correct picks over the course of the season wins the grand prize, and some of the contests also offer other incentives as the season plays out.
Inspired by those contests, SugarHouse has introduced the $500K Pennsylvania Pick ’Em contest. The buy-in is reasonable at $150 per entry, and the total prize pool is expected to reach $500,000. There will be weekly winners as well with first place at the end of the year receiving $1250,000.
You can check it out for yourself by heading over to the SugarHouse website, logging in and looking for the “Pick ‘Em” menu item in the left navigation area of the sportsbook.
NJ Market Becomes More Crowded
Earlier this week, Bet365 NJ confirmed it was in the midst of a “pre-live phase” in NJ. Assuming no issues pop up in the meantime, Bet365.com should be up and running in time for the start of the 2019 NFL season.
Bet365 operates as a second skin for Hard Rock Atlantic City, which also has its own sportsbook to serve the Garden State.
Also just a few days back, theScore announced that it has received approval for its own soft launch phase in NJ.
“This is a huge milestone and a result of the tireless hard work that has gone into getting our sportsbook ready for launch,” said John Levy, Founder and CEO of theScore. “We can’t wait to debut a best-in-class sports betting offering in New Jersey, delivering a truly unique and holistic sports media and wagering experience for fans.”
Those two new entrants into the pool bring the total number of online operators in NJ to 16. Our site-by-site reviews and promo information can be found here.