Online betting bonuses are a marketing tactic designed to encourage bettors to take signup and make a deposit. US betting sites want your action and they’re willing to offer valuable signup bonuses and promotional offers to gain your business.
Most sports betting deposit bonuses are a great deal for new bettors, but there is a lot to know about the various types of betting bonus offers for each type of gambling market and the terms and conditions associated with each promotion.
Best Betting Bonuses and Promotions
The thing I love most about sports betting bonuses is that they reward you for something you were planning on doing anyway. Sportsbooks offer bonuses because it’s what their competitors do.
On this page you’ll find thousands of dollars’ worth of the best sportsbook bonuses in the regulated US market. Between the many mobile sportsbooks, fantasy sites, and horse racing websites, there is a lot of promotions and incentives being offered to new depositing customers.
Of course, there are always going to be certain terms and conditions attached to sports betting promotional offers.
Generally, the sportsbook bonuses terms and conditions place limits on how much money you can get, what you need to do to “clear” the sign up bonus and whether or not you can withdraw the bonus cash.
Sports Betting Bonuses
DraftKings offers up to $1,000 in bonus funds to all new customers spread across a first deposit bonus and a first bet match offer.
- Welcome Bonus: New customers get an extra 20% on their first deposit for up to $500 in bonus funds
- First Bet Match: Place your first bet and DraftKings will match it 100% for up to $500 in free bets
Available in: CO, IL, IN, IA, NH, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA, WV
BetMGM runs several longstanding promos, including a $500 risk-free bet offer for new customers. Other sportsbook bonuses and promotions vary based on the season and ahead of major sports events.
- $500 Risk Free Bet: New customers can place their first bet almost risk free – if it loses, BetMGM will refund it with up to $500 in free bets
- Multi-Sport Parlay Boost: BetMGM offers up to 40% payout boosts on parlays that consist of 4-7 legs on any combination of sports
- Money Monday Club: Opt in and get a $10 free bet every Monday whenever you place $50+ worth of wagers the previous week
Available in: CO, IN, IA, MI, NJ, PA, TN, and WV
PointsBet gives new users a free bet worth up to $250 and then keeps the promotions coming after that with a long line of revolving offers that provide significant value to every bettor’s bottom line.
Other PointsBet bonuses and promotions change on a regular basis, but below are some examples of recent promos that serve as an example of what to expect.
- Up to $250 in Free Bets: New customers who sign up for a PointsBet account with the promo code BUSA qualify for a free bet worth up to $250. The size of the free bet is determined by the size of the first deposit, broken into three tiers: deposit at least $50 to receive $100 in free bets, deposit $150 to receive $150 in free bets, or deposit $250 to receive $250 in free bets as a sign-up bonus.
- Personal Good Karma Payout: Anyone who places 10 or more bets in a single month can choose any wager that lost to be refunded with up to $100 in free bets.
- Local Team Boosters: PointsBet often provides enhanced odds markets for local teams. For example, PointsBet Colorado customers might be able to bet on a Denver Nuggets game at higher than standard odds while customers in New Jersey might have something similar for the NY Jets.
- Per Point Payouts: Another recurring theme of PointsBet promotions is the “per point payout” offer in which customers who place a bet on certain markets get paid for every scoring play. For example, one recent PointsBet promo offered customers who bet at least $50 on any one player’s total in an NBA game an extra payout of $1 per point scored by that player in that game.
Available in: CO, IL, IN, IA, MI, and NJ
William Hill welcomes new customers with a risk-free first bet worth up to $500 and then keeps the offers coming after that with a regular lineup of promotions.
- $500 Risk-Free Bet: Sign up for an account, use the promo code BUSARF when registering, and place your first wager. If it loses, William Hill will refund it with a free bet of equal value.
- Other Ongoing Promotions: William Hill provides a running lineup of new promotions for existing customers. Other promos take many forms, ranging from refunds on lost wagers to free bets every week during the NFL season.
Available in: CO, IL, IN, IA, MI, NJ, VA, WV
BetRivers is not a particularly promotion-heavy sportsbook, but an easy to clear welcome bonus for new customers is attractive.
- $250 Welcome Bonus: BetRivers offers a 100% deposit bonus for all new customers worth up to $250 with a 1x rollover that makes it easy to clear
Available in: CO, IL, IN, MI, PA
Unibet has an attractive pair of new customers offers along with regular odds boosts, profit boosts, parlays specials and other promotions catered to the season.
- $20 No-Deposit Bonus: Sign up for an account to receive two free $10 bets with no deposit necessary
- $250 Risk Free Bet: Place your first wager using your own money and if it loses, Unibet will refund it with up to $250 within 72 hours
Available in: IN, NJ, PA
FanDuel Sportsbook offers a risk-free bet for new customers and year-round parlay insurance along with a regular lineup of short-term promotions geared toward special events and the big in-season sports.
- $500 Risk Free Bet: Sign up for an account, place your first wager and if it loses, FanDuel will refund it with up to $500 in site credit
- Parlay Insurance: Place a parlay wager including 5+ legs in any sport and lose by just a single leg, FanDuel will refund it with up to $25 back
Available in: CO, IA, IL, IN, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA, WV
BetAmerica Sportsbook is quite active on the promotional front with a variety of bonuses and other offers for new and existing customers.
- $1,000 First Bet Refund: Opt in and place a wager within seven days of signing up to get up to $1,000 in bonus funds as a refund if your first wager loses
- $20 Live Betting Bonus: Place your first in-play wager of $20 or more to receive $20 in bonus funds
- Parlay Insurance: BetAmerica will refund your 5+ leg parlay with up to $25 in bonus funds if it loses by just one leg
- Bet $5, Get $20: Opt in, place a bet of $5 or more on any sport to get $20 in bonus funds
Available in: IN, NJ, PA
Horse Racing Betting Bonuses
Bonuses offered at horse racing betting sites and ADW’s work in a similar fashion as those offered at sportsbooks. After you sign up and deposit, you’ll be given “pending” bonus cash. Just place wagers like you normally would and the horse betting bonus money will be released to your account.
Horse racing bonuses are nice and all, but don’t let them distract you from your ultimate goal: making money with your bets and wagers. Your handicapping skills will have the greatest impact on your return over the long run. Let the bonus money come naturally, choose your wagers carefully and don’t place bets you’re not in love with just for the sake of clearing a bonus.
AmWager offers a large welcome bonus to new customers alongside ongoing cash back rewards that put money back into the accounts of existing players.
- $500 Welcome Bonus: Earn 10% back on all win and exotic wagers made during your first 30 days for up to $500 back
- Cash Back Rewards: Customers who stick around are rewarded with 2% to 5% cashback every day on all betting volume, win or lose
TwinSpires greets new customers with a welcome bonus worth up to $200 and provides frequent ongoing promotions beyond that.
- $200 Sign-Up Offer: New users who sign up with the promo code BET200 receive up to $200 in bonus funds. The offer is issued in increments of $100 for every $400 wagered within 30 days of signing up.
- Weekly Insurance Offers: TwinSpires often runs insurance promotions that guarantee customers to receive all or a portion of certain wagers back when they lose.
- Bet Boosts: Another common them at TwinSpires is to provide enhanced payouts on select winning wagers.
Daily Fantasy Sports Bonuses
Daily fantasy sports serves as an alternative to sports betting in states yet to legalize sportsbooks and is the most competitive online wagering niche in the United States right now thanks to its widespread legality.
Most daily fantasy sports sites offer their services in at least 43 states. Combine that with fairly low startup costs and you have all the ingredients you need for a healthy, thriving and competitive industry.
Signup bonuses at fantasy sites can consist of deposit match bonuses and/or free entries to paid contests. The two largest fantasy sports sites, DraftKings and FanDuel, offer free tournament entries that allow you to compete for a real money prize without risking your own cash.
PrizePicks provides a simple and easy-to-use deposit bonus to all new customers but does not offer many recurring promotions.
- 100% up to $100: New users who sign up for an account qualify for a 100% match deposit bonus worth up to $100. Use the referral code BUSA when signing up to claim this offer.
How Betting Bonuses Work
The vast majority of online sports betting welcome offers come in three flavors: match rate, no-deposit and first wager refund.
Signup bonuses at legal US betting sites almost always come with terms and conditions attached, and wagering requirements should be clearly displayed and easy to understand.
State Specific Betting Offers
Sports bettors in each state have a unique lineup of sports betting bonuses to choose from. Local laws, tax rates and which operators are active all vary by state and therefore impact which bonuses are available.
Readers can follow the links below to view a complete listing of the best sportsbook signup offers and betting deposit bonuses in each state.
Betting Bonus Codes
Many sports betting sites ask new customers to input a bonus code or promo code in order to claim a deposit bonus. This field usually appears somewhere on the new customer registration form or when making a deposit.
In most cases, betting promo codes are completely optional and do not offer any extra value – they are simply a tracking mechanism for betting operators.
In other cases, the best sportsbook promo codes allow players to claim exclusive bonuses that aren’t publicly advertised.
Most new customer bonuses are automatically applied whether or not a code is entered at all.
BettingUSA does occasionally receive exclusive sportsbook bonus codes that we pass on to visitors. If you see a betting bonus code listed here at BettingUSA, make note of it and use it when signing up for an account to claim a cash bonus that is likely bigger and better than betting offers advertised elsewhere.
For operators, sports betting bonus codes assist in tracking marketing efforts. If a customer enters a bonus code seen on a TV ad, for example, the operator knows the customer was inspired by that particular ad to sign up for an account.
Bonus codes also provide a sense of exclusivity, which is known to be an effective marketing tactic in its own right.