FanDuel was founded in 2009 and established itself as a major player in sports entertainment as one of the original daily fantasy sports sites that took the nation by storm and famously bombarded NFL viewers with advertisements a few years back.
FanDuel is still deeply involved in DFS today, but pivoted to sports betting in mid-2018 after partnering with Meadowlands Racetrack in New Jersey to run a retail sportsbook at the track. FanDuel Sportsbook launched mobile and online betting two months later after receiving authorization from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (NJDGE).
New Jersey and Pennsylvania customers also have access to FanDuel Casino. In New Jersey, the casino is offered under the Betfair brand. In Pennsylvania, FanDuel’s casino games are embedded within the sports betting app.
Looking beyond online betting, FanDuel has also launched retail sportsbooks in Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
FanDuel Sportsbook is a comprehensive online betting site that offers traditional sports betting, in-play wagers and a simple welcome bonus for new customers. From the same people who made daily fantasy sports famous in the United States, FanDuel Sportsbook is now open for business.
- FanDuel is a trusted name in sports entertainment
- In-play betting with live statistics
- Simple, easy-to-clear welcome bonus
- Sports betting, daily fantasy and online casino in one platform
- A little short on some international sports such as cricket and rugby
FanDuel is partially owned by Betfair US, which is a subsidiary of international gaming giant Flutter Entertainment (formerly Paddy Power Betfair).
In a merger agreement, Betfair US acquired a 61% share of the combined US-focused business venture and has options to increase that share to 80% after three years and 100% after five years.
The deal with Betfair US benefited FanDuel Sportsbook by injecting decades’ worth of sports betting experience in the UK and abroad. Partnering with Betfair US gave FanDuel a jump in getting its own sports betting business up and smoothly running. Add to that FanDuel’s name recognition as one of the pioneers of daily fantasy sports in the US and you have an online sportsbook that has all the ingredients it needs to carve out a place in the industry.
FanDuel Sportsbook Bonus
Sign up for a new account at FanDuel Sportsbook to claim a risk-free bet worth up to $500 in site credit.
To claim this bonus, sign up for an account and place your first wager using your own money. If it’s a winner, you’ll keep your winnings as normal and nothing else happens. If your first bet is a loser, FanDuel will refund it with up to $500 in site credit that you can use to place additional wagers risk-free.
For example, if you sign up and bet $100 on the Raiders and lose, FanDuel Sportsbook will give you $100 in bonus funds. This money cannot be withdrawn, but you may use it to place additional wagers for a second chance at coming away a winner.
Also note that any money won with your FanDuel Sportsbook bonus may only be withdrawn after wagering the bonus amount one time in the sportsbook. For example, if you get $100 in site credit, you’ll need to place $100 worth of wagers before withdrawing anything won with your bonus money.
Claim your welcome bonus at:
Sports Covered and Types of Bets Offered
FanDuel Online Sportsbook has offered a full contingent of sports betting options from day one that include the likes of baseball, basketball, football, golf, hockey, MMA, soccer, tennis and more. The full list of sports varies by the season, but generally you can expect to find wagers for every major sporting competition being held around the world.
FanDuel also supports college sports, including college football and basketball. Offshoot leagues such as the WNBA and CFL are also covered when in season. Soccer is covered in great detail as well with MLS, UEFA and all manner of international leagues.
Types of bets offered runs the gamut from basic money lines and point spreads to highly specific prop bets such as “which team will score first but lose the game.” Individual games are home to dozens of betting options in categories such as game props, player props, first half, second half, first quarter and so on. In short, almost every possible metric by which you could judge a team’s or player’s performance can be bet on.
You can visit FanDuel Sportsbook and view the various betting options without logging in. Just visit the website, choose a sport of your choice and then select a game that interests you. From there, you can use a series of tabs to navigate between the various types of bets available for that particular matchup. Also, don’t forget to select the “more” option to view additional categories.
In-Play Betting at FanDuel
FanDuel Sportsbook covers multiple events every day with live betting markets that accept wagers after the event has already started. In-play betting options include wagers on the outcome of the game at updated odds along with short-term wagers such as the result of the next drive in an NFL game, who will win the next set in a tennis match and so on.
The in-play betting interface offers live streams for some sports and live scoring for others. For the sports that aren’t yet supported with streaming video, the live scoring interface offers a sort of digital representation of the field that show possession, scoring updates, live stats and more.
FanDuel in-play markets also support early cashouts, which allow customers to close their bets early at reduced odds in order to lock in a win when the game appears to be going well or to limit their losses when the game has taken a turn for the worse.
FanDuel Sportsbook Mobile App
Users on the go can download the dedicated FanDuel Sportsbook mobile app for iOS and Android devices to view the lines, place bets and manage their accounts. All the same types of bets and features offered on the web platform are also available through the mobile app.
FanDuel mobile is designed for simple navigation with a row of icons displayed near the top of the screen that can be used to visit the live betting tab or any major sport that has open wagers. The rest of the screen is reserved for displaying all available markets for the selected sport.
Upon logging in, you’ll see a list of popular wagers along with the odds of each outcome and options to view more wagers for that particular game. A row of tabs just above that area can be used to navigate to in-play wagers and to view the lines for upcoming games / events.
A notifications area near the top of the app cycles through various offers, popular events and links to important news updates. For example, you might log in and see notifications for a new deposit bonus, an upcoming NFL game, an important tennis match and an update on a new feature.
Something the FanDuel Sportsbook app does well is organize a lot of information in an intuitive manner. You’ll find thousands of bets at any given time, but drilling down to a specific wager is a simple matter of choosing your sport, selecting “more wagers” under your game and then using the tabs at the top of the game page to filter by type of wager.
Live Streaming Sports on FanDuel
FanDuel Sportsbook is slowly but surely ramping up its live streaming sports capabilities. Today, FanDuel has deals in place with sports data providers Sportradar and IMG Arena to deliver live video from three different sports.
Customers can now log in to watch live and place in-game wagers on:
- NHL games
- Mid-level tennis matches and the Australian Open
- German Bundesliga soccer matches
The addition of NHL games was particularly welcome news as it marked the first instance of a sportsbook gaining the approval of a major US sports league to stream its games live. Home games cannot be streamed to locals due to broadcasting blackout restrictions, but the availability of live streaming is definitely improving.
FanDuel Casino Review
FanDuel has a small collection of casino games that are available to customers in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. The casino games are accessible from within the FanDuel Sportsbook app with no extra download necessary.
New Jersey players who visit the casino tab within the FanDuel app are taken to an abridged version of Betfair Casino, which is operated by the same parent company. Players can play a smaller collection of games without leaving the app, but may also download Betfair Casino’s separate app for access to the full menu of 400+ games.
Pennsylvania players stay within the FanDuel app the whole time and do not need to sign up for a new account. The games collection here is still fairly small, with just a handful of table games and slots on offer.
In both states, customers can find the FanDuel casino games by selecting the “casino” tab located in the bottom navigation menu.
FanDuel Sportsbook supports a standard array of deposit options such as credit and debit cards, electronic transfers and even cash.
- Credit and Debit Card: VISA and MasterCard are accepted. FanDuel does not charge anything for using a card, but players should be aware some issuing banks treat deposits to online betting sites as cash advances and charge additional fees. Also note that some issuing banks still automatically block deposits to betting sites. If you have trouble depositing with your credit card, the easiest thing to do is try the FanDuel prepaid card.
- FanDuel Prepaid Card: You can sign up for a prepaid card at the Betfair website here. After signing up, you can fund your virtual card instantly via VISA, MasterCard or ACH. FanDuel will also send a physical card in the mail that you can use at ATMs or anyhere Discover is accepted.
- ACH eCheck: Transfer funds straight from your bank account to your FanDuel Sportsbook account. The only things you need are a bank account and photo ID.
- Online Bill Pay: If you have bill pay enabled with your bank, you can use your online banking login information to authorize a deposit to FanDuel. This option works for most major national banks.
- PayNearMe: Use PayNearMe to make a deposit with physical cash. Just choose this option in the deposit menu at FanDuel.com and you’ll receive a pay ticket that you can either print or save to your phone. Take your ticket to the nearest 7-Eleven, CVS or Family Dollar and pay the cashier with cash. Your account will be credited within 15 minutes.
- Check: You can also send a cashier check, money order, bankers draft or personal check to FanDuel at the address listed on the deposit page in your FanDuel account.
States Where FanDuel Sportsbooks Operate
FanDuel has been quick to leap on opportunity across the US amid changing laws. The successful launch of its first sportsbook in New Jersey did not slow the company’s expansion plans. As additional states legalize sports betting, we expect to see FanDuel right in the middle of the action.
Here’s where FanDuel currently operates retail sportsbooks and/or mobile betting apps.
FanDuel New Jersey
- Availability: Mobile betting and retail sportsbook
- Land-Based Partner: Meadowlands Racetrack
FanDuel reigns supreme in New Jersey as the state’s revenue leader by a long shot. Since launching its retail sportsbook at Meadowlands in July 2018 and mobile app in September 2018, FanDuel has come to dominate the NJ betting market.
Today, FanDuel alone accounts for nearly half the total revenue generated by all sportsbooks across the state combined.
- Availability: Mobile betting and retail sportsbook
- Land-Based Partner: Valley Forge Casino Resort
FanDuel came to Pennsylvania in March 2019 with the launch of a sportsbook at Valley Forge Casino Resort. A mobile app and betting website followed a few months later to make FanDuel fully accessible across the state.
The sportsbook at Valley Forge operates as a part of a larger deal between FanDuel and Boyd Gaming that covers multiple states.
- Availability: Mobile betting now live; retail sportsbooks in the works
- Land-Based Partner: Blue Chip Casino
The partnership FanDuel has with Boyd Gaming extends to Indiana via Blue Chip Casino. FanDuel Indiana launched mobile betting in October 2019 to make the Hoosier State the fourth state in which FanDuel has gone online.
Indiana customers may visit the FanDuel Sportsbook website to sign up for an account, download the official mobile app or bet online from any desktop. Users must be 21 or older and located within state lines to place wagers through FanDuel.
- Availability: Mobile sports betting now available
- Land-Based Partner: Twin River Worldwide Holdings
FanDuel secured Colorado market access through a partnership with Twin River Worldwide Holdings. Twin River operates three Colorado casinos in Black Hawk: Golden Gates Casino, Golden Gulch Casino and Mardi Gras Casino.
FanDuel Group CEO Matt King said at the time that they are “excited to partner with a renowned gaming company like Twin River to bring our market-leading online sports betting experience to Colorado sports fans.” In March 2020, FanDuel acquired a mobile betting license in Colorado and proceeded to launch two months later.
- Availability: Retail sportsbooks now open and mobile betting coming soon
- Land-Based Partners: Diamond Jo Worth and Diamond Jo Dubuque
FanDuel is partnered with the two Diamond Jo casinos in Iowa as a part of its larger partnership with Boyd Gaming. Diamond Jo Worth and Diamond Jo Dubuque have each constructed a FanDuel-themed sportsbook and will soon launch mobile betting.
- Availability: Retail sportsbook now open; mobile betting in the works
- Land-Based Partner: MotorCity Casino
Michigan legalized online sports betting in December 2019 with a law allowing land-based casinos to partner with online operators such as FanDuel. FanDuel has a partnership in place with Detroit’s MotorCity Casino and launched a retail sportsbook there in March 2020.
FanDuel New York
- Availability: Retail sportsbook
- Land-Based Partner: Tioga Downs
FanDuel came to New York by way of Tioga Downs in July 2019.
State law does not permit mobile sports betting, but that will most likely change sooner or later. Some lawmakers believe it would require an amendment to the state constitution to legalize online betting (which would be a lengthy process) while others believe all that’s necessary is new legislation.
FanDuel West Virginia
- Availability: Retail sportsbook
- Land-Based Partner: Greenbrier Resort
The Casino Club at the Greenbrier Resort opened its own FanDuel Sportsbook in 2018. Online sports betting is legal in West Virginia, and FanDuel WV commenced mobile betting in August 2019.
- Availability: Retail sportsbook and mobile betting in the works
- Land-Based Partner: To be announced
FanDuel has indicated it intends to offer mobile betting when approved by the Illinois Gaming Board. In February 2020, FanDuel parent company Betfair Interactive applied for a Management Services Provider license to offer mobile sports betting in partnership with a land-based casino.
- Availability: Two retail sportsbooks
- Land-Based Partners: IP Biloxi and Sam’s Town Tunica
FanDuel’s partnership with Boyd Gaming has been especially rewarding in Mississippi, where it has been able to launch sportsbooks at two Boyd-owned casinos: IP Biloxi and Sam’s Town Tunica.
- Availability: Mobile horse racing betting
- Land-Based Partner: Suffolk Downs
FanDuel became the first major daily fantasy provider to extend its operations into online racing betting through a deal with reach with Suffolk Downs and approved by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission during a commission meeting in late 2019.
Through the deal with Suffolk Downs, FanDuel received approval to offer parimutuel wagering for Massachusetts customers across the state beginning January 2020.
Key FanDuel Partnerships with Sports Leagues
Although the nation’s major pro sports leagues strongly opposed sports betting prior to 2018, they have been surprisingly quick to embrace sportsbook operators such as FanDuel since then.
In all likelihood, the leagues’ decisions to approve daily fantasy partnerships with FanDuel and DraftKings back in 2014/2015 set the stage for warmer relationships down the road after the legalization of sports betting.
FanDuel today has working relationships with a number of major pro sports leagues and individual teams for branding and data purposes. Since FanDuel announced it would be entering the sports betting business in 2018, it has reached a number of high-profile partnership agreements:
- FanDuel and the NBA: FanDuel and the NBA have an agreement in place allowing FanDuel to use certain NBA trademarks and to rely on official data from the league. The NBA was the first professional sports league to reach a betting partnership with FanDuel.
- FanDuel and the NHL: FanDuel is “an official betting partner” of the NHL. Under this agreement, FanDuel Sportsbook relies on official data from the league and allows the league some say in the types of NHL wagers accepted by FanDuel. The New Jersey Devils also have a separate agreement with FanDuel for branding and advertising.
- FanDuel and the MLB: In 2019, the MLB became the third major pro sports league to reach a formal sports betting agreement with FanDuel. As “an Authorized Gaming Operator of MLB,” FanDuel has access to league data along with the right to use MLB marks and logos.
- FanDuel and the NFL: FanDuel has formed partnerships with numerous NFL teams over the years, primarily on the fantasy side of the business. In June 2020, FanDuel and the Denver Broncos reached an agreement to make FanDuel the official sports betting partner of the Broncos – the first deal of its kind for an NFL team.